According to an online Survey, Mostly Teen spends an average of 4.5 hours daily on Social Media. The Simple definition of Social Media can be defined as, the websites and applications that help users to create and share content over social networking platforms such as, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The meaning of Social Media in Hindi is सामाजिक मीडिया. Here We gonna talk about the advantages and disadvantages of Social Media in our Life. Also, Why we are unable to imagine our life without using Social Media? How Social Media has grown up in the last decade?
In this Blog, We will discuss different types of Social Media Platforms and also What are social media’s Advantages and Disadvantages. Also, we discuss the different social media handles, their Evolution year-wise, and why they became so popular among teenagers?
If we talk about 40-45 years ago, In about 1970-1980, T.V, Telephones, and Computers were considered modern technology. But Nowadays, Modern Technologies are becoming as slim as a Paper. We are going to discuss on Each of the points (Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media) that are very common to every person who is using Social Media. Here we go,
Let’s get Started!
Social Media Advantages:
- Making Friends All over the World is Quite Easy. The person who doesn’t have any friend in their life have a great chance to have more than 1000 friends all over the social media account from different countries also.
- Education Online Courses and Online Tutorial makes Easy for learning. Nowadays You can search for any topic online. If you want to Enroll in Free Online Courses Read Here.
- Connectivity You can stay connected with your friends, relatives, or love ones. You always get to know about what’s going on in their life.
- Marketing Social Media is the Best Platform for advertising your product. With Social Media, you can Select your exact audience whom you want to show Ads, It can maximize your Result with minimum Cost.
- Information and Updates With Social Media, You can get Any types of Updated Information, you just need to Follow that specific Page of your Interest.
- Trends You can exactly know which is the trending topic is going on all over the country as well as the world.
- Awareness It helps to aware people of any specific terms simultaneously. It can be any social cause or for any disaster.
Social Media Disadvantages:
- Addictive The Addictive part of social media is very bad and can disturb personal lives as well. It can also waste time that could have been utilized by productive tasks and activities.
- It can lead to death Not just by using it, but by following the stunts and other crazy stuff. A few years back due to the Blue-whale game challenge more than 500 deaths were reported. India was top on the list.
- Frauds Because of Social Media Cyber Frauds has been increased. Many Online cheats with the customers were reported.
- Limited Attention Brain and personality disorders in teens because of spending more time on Social Media.
- Phishing It is a type of social engineering attack often used to steal user data including photos, videos, or even login credentials and credit card numbers. It is mainly done by Emails or Clone Websites.
- Social Distancing Children are not playing outside with their friend instead they prefer to play on their Smartphones. People also get in touch with social media but real-life connectivity has been decreased.
History of Social Media
Social Media evolved in 1997 with a website called “Six Degrees”. After just 2 years. In the year 1999, The Blogging platform became very popular.
- Blogger was Launched in 1999, which became very popular at that time, It enables users to write and post Blogs. If you don’t know About Blogging then Know here.
- Wikipedia was Launched in 2000, which allows users to search and read different topics.
- Facebook was launched in 2004. With time It becomes the most famous and used Social Media all over the world.
- YouTube was Launched in 2005, which was totally a different kind of social media whose context was only Videos.
- WhatsApp was launched in 2009, which is the most used messaging app all over the world.
- Instagram was launched in 2010, which became very popular at that time, and people also using it now.
- Snapchat was launched in 2011, which was also one of the famous social media.
Later on, Many New Social media were launched.
The use of Social Media is Only Depends on your usage. It is based on how you treat Social Media for using, that much helpful it is. It is advisable to minimize the use of Social media in your daily life routine. Only use as much as you need it not for time pass or entertainment. Whenever you feel depressed or annoying just switch your phone off and live your real-time life and get connect with your real friend and enjoy the moments. You will feel much better.
A subscription gives you 1 year of updates and support for Free.