Cybersecurity ( What all you need to know?)
Wondering about what the term “cybersecurity” actually means and why it’s so important in today’s world? And how one can establish a career in this field and many more. Well, then you’re on the right platform to understand it.
In this blog, you will know about what is cybersecurity?, cybersecurity courses, cybersecurity jobs, cybersecurity certifications and many more!!
So, what are you waiting for!! let’s dive into several questions you have in your mind before establishing your career as a cybersecurity professional, you should know first what is cybersecurity and why it is so demanding in the present time?
What is Cybersecurity?
In today’s era, it’s easy to hack and unlawfully access the confidential information of somebody but cybersecurity gives us a relief to be saved by these malicious electronic attacks & information disclosure.
Computer security, information technology security, or cybersecurity is the process to protect computer systems, data, networks from information disclosure, damage, and malicious electronic attacks.
Its main aim to minimize the risk of cyber-attacks and gives protection against unauthorized damage of systems, technologies, and networks.
Let’s understand it more by identifying its types and threats.
Types of Cybersecurity
- Network security- It prevents, detects and protects against unauthorised access into corporate networks.
- Application security- It contains measures taken to improve the security of apps by finding and fixing vulnerabilities in the application code. Various techniques are used at different level of an application’s lifecycle.
- Information security- It is also referred to as “Data Security”. Information Security keeps data secure from unauthorised & unlawful access and alteration both when it’s being transmitted from one device to another and when it’s being stored.
- Operational security- It frequently abbreviated as “OPSEC” is a system by which companies analyze and protect public data about themselves that could be grouped with other data to give a bigger picture called aggregation.
- Disaster discovery- Various aspects of this disaster discovery deemed to lie under cybersecurity. Well, It involves a set of policies, procedures and tools of regaining access to its vital technology infrastructure and systems after events like a natural disaster or human-induced disaster.
Types of Cybersecurity threats
- SQL injection
- Denial of Service
- Passwords attacks
What degree do I need for a career in the Cybersecurity Industry?
Well, in India where now government and organisations facing many threats, it has become one of the most in-demand careers to be pursued.
So let’s know what you have to do to establish a career in the industry of cybersecurity.
1.Firstly to start off with a background in information technology.
2.Thus, one of the most prerequisites, a bachelor’s degree focused on technology and information. Where you can have the options below to embrace your career in cybersecurity.
- B.Tech ( Information science & engineering )
- B.Tech ( Information Technology )
- Diploma in cybersecurity
- B.E ( Information Technology)
- B.Tech (cyber security and forensics)
( Note- before appearing in these courses you may have to clear entrance exams like JEE.)
3.If you want to pursue more in this field through intellectuals, you can go for Master’s degree courses in the industry of cybersecurity. Like( M.B.A in information security management, M.E in Information Technology, M.Tech in information technology Post Graduate Diploma in cybersecurity, Master of Computer Application (MCA) and various others.
I want to make a career in cyber security. Where should I start?
Thinking about making a career in cybersecurity and still confused about where should you start then read the below steps to clear your vision.
- Invest more into your education.
- Get yourself to have a solid knowledge of systems and networks.
- Grab the benefit of the training resources available on the Internet.
- Make friends in the industry of cybersecurity.
- Read and learn its new technologies as in the security business things are always changing.
- Use virtual machines as much as you can as they are your partner in this field.
What skills are needed for the job in cyber security?
Well, let’s talk about the skills you needed for a career in cybersecurity. It includes as
Since you have to do this at every second of your job, a strong ability for solving a problem is a must.
You need to have experience with a vast range of computer systems and security tools for effectively accomplishing programs.
You need to have the flexibility and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced atmosphere.
You need to have sharp analytical skills with proven potential to communicate with a category of people within your company as well as with other organizations.
Last, since you have to protect the interest of the company’s affairs you are working for. Then Dependability and integrity are a must.
What are the best certifications for cybersecurity freshers?
To become a cybersecurity specialist, cyber security certification is a must. So, here are the best cybersecurity certifications.
( Note- Before choosing any cybersecurity certifications it’s important to make sure that the course is aligned with your targeted goal.)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) known as Ethical Hacking
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GSEC: GIAC Security Essentials
- EC- Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified In Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
What programming languages are best for cyber Security?
You know what understanding programming languages helps greatly to Cyber Security professionals to examine software and discover security detect malicious code, vulnerabilities and perform tasks that involve analytical skills in the field of cyber security.
Well, 250 well-known computer programming languages are used today. Where 700 programming languages are used around the world. But In the field of cyber, the number decreases to around 10 to 15.
So, here are some best programming languages for cyber security.
- SQL ( structured Query Language)